What is Talavera Pottery?
Talavera pottery is a Spanish tradition. Talavera pots are made of different types of clay. They are hand painted and typically have a glazed finish. Their walls are usually thinner than ordinary pots. Talavera is popular among pot enthusiasts who like bright colors.
Talavera is extremely loved in Puebla Valley, Mexico. It is more common there than anywhere else in the world currently. There, it is one of the most traded items among colonies according to Authenticity Perceptions of Talavera Pottery. Talavera caught on, and grew huge even in the US. It is commonly replicated at lower quality. For authentic Mexican Talavera pottery, make sure to purchase it from a store that sources it from Mexico.
Talavera is popular for a number of reasons:
- Vibrant colors -It is difficult to find high quality ceramics with super bright colors like orange or yellow. Bright colors are heat-sensitive, so they are harder to use in ceramics. Talavera pottery allows pot makers to utilize vivid colors while still offering a premium, weather-resistant pot.
- Uniqueness – With authentic Talavera, each pot is handmade. You will get a pot that no one else has. The uniqueness of each pot in your house will make each plant as significant as the next.
- Tradition – Culture can get lost in the vast amount of mass produced items in retail. When you purchase Talavera, you are directly supporting a group of artists who create the pots.
Talavera Pottery Near Me
Ten Thousand pots is the best Talavera pottery store near you. We have a covered section in our store exclusively for Talavera. New Talavera is always coming in. Here are some of the best selling styles that we offer.
- Tall Talavera Copa – Tall copa is a grand Talavera planter that is perfect for either side of an entryway. It also looks magnificent as a centerpiece.
- Talavera Elephant Planter – Add a pot that doubles as a funky decoration with our elephant planter.
- Talavera Wall Planter – Placing our Talavera wall planter on your wall will give it the effect of a beautiful painting. This pot is stunning with pothos or other vines cascading below it.
- Talavera Japanese Pot – Our Japanese pot has intricate details and a small size. It is a great fit for tables and windowsills.
- Talavera Chatita Pot – The chatita pot looks like a painted terra cotta pot. It also has handles, making it easy to move around.
Talavera Pottery Animals
Ceramic animals and other yard art are other luxuries painted by Talavera artists. You can even find a Talavera birdbath. Try putting a Talavera gecko on your wall and see how it improves your space. You could also place a toro frog in your garden and watch your family smile when they visit you. The possibilities of Talavera are endless. Come to Ten Thousand Pots and check out our Talavera area.
Other Talavera products: butter dishes, sugar jars, plates, kitchen utensils, etc. In Puebla Valley, it is so beloved that you can find virtually anything Talavera.
Which Pot Will you Get?
If you like Talavera, come to Ten Thousand Pots. We have them in all different colors and sizes. At Ten Thousand Pots, we have the largest selection of ceramic planters and yard art in Texas. Come see all of the different styles we offer! We provide free consultations from our team every day. You can reach us at (512) 584-8889 or learn more about the services we provide. Learn more about what we do here. If you don’t live near us, we ship anywhere in the US.